Problem Installing on my New Laptop

jyg101

Hello I have a new laptop with of course no floppy drive I wanted to remove the activation from my old pc through the floppy drive onto the master floppy disk.
Now for my problem I installed RSlogix on my new laptop but I have no way of loading the activation onto my new pc with no floppy drive.Please can somone tell me how if there is a way or if I can use a usb thumb drive for the activation I tried to copy the master disk onto my thumb drive but still no luck.

jyg101 said:
Hello I have a new laptop with of course no floppy drive I wanted to remove the activation from my old pc through the floppy drive onto the master floppy disk.
Now for my problem I installed RSlogix on my new laptop but I have no way of loading the activation onto my new pc with no floppy drive.Please can somone tell me how if there is a way or if I can use a usb thumb drive for the activation I tried to copy the master disk onto my thumb drive but still no luck.

Your best solution may be to source a USB floppy drive. That is what I use, it came with my DELL D620.
Or as a possiblity map a network floppy drive as your DRIVE A: from My Network Places-> Tools-> Map Network Drive

Last edited:
You should also be able to map a network drive and move it from there. For example, if you have a floppy on desktop and want to get the key to laptop.

1. Create writeable share, keystore, on desktop.
2. Map keystore locally on desktop as z: (if the share isn't on the root path of a drive)
3. On desktop, move the key from a: to z:
4. On laptop, map \\desktop\keystore to z:
5. On laptop, move key from z: to c: (wherever)

This isn't as involved as it may seem. It's also for "classic" with the EVMove utility. I'm not familar with how FactoryTalk keys work.