TI Power Supply

Mostly

Anyone out there have a print for the pin outs on a model 500-2151A power supply for a TI plc? Any kind of documentation on the rack would also be helpful. I'm trying to verify a bad power supply before I send it in for repair.
Just want to make sure this is the problem and not some other issue with the rack. I have pulled all cards from rack, removing any load the power supply should see. Still no 'DC ok" light.

Fuse in ps checks ok.

Thanks for your help

Mostly....sometimes

Hi, I've no details such as you request but from what you've written there would appear to be two symptoms in agreement: the PSU is not working; and the "DC good" LED is extinguished. How much more evidence do you need before you agree that this PSU is in need of repair or replacement?

My memory of the 500-series is that it was pretty robust stuff not given to many false negatives. There are no direct AC connections to the PSU (terminals on the mounting rack) and all the DC output goes through the backplane via card-edge connectors. How do you propose to test it accurately?

Regards

Ken

Ken,

I was planning on testing it out of the rack to verify the rack is not the problem. I have unplugged all cards from the system, so I'm confident it is not a card pulling down the ps.

I have seen this happen before where a screw had gotten behind a rack and caused power supply issues.

Thanks for the reply.