micro master 440 control with external PID control

robert mooli

Hi folks , now we had a project were we had to install a micromaster 440 , this drives are to be controlled by an external 4 to 20 Ma form a PID conroller the process variable input to the PId conroller is Flow measurement , the process is such that when the flow is lower the set point the VSD reduces speed and vise vasa . we have set the P value to 70 I to 5 and D to Zero but , whenever the VSD is started it trips immediately as the controller output Ramps up very first and not stable . could any one help and come out of this please any suggestions are welcome.

Hi Robert,
Note the MicroMasters disable the normal ramps when PID is enabled. Instead it uses P2293 to achieve ramp. Also I suggest using something greater then zero on the minimum (anything greater than 0.0 even 0.1) their was a bug in some of the older firmware versions.

mm440_1.JPG