micrologix 1500 communication problem

phish13

I don't know if I'm missing something. I can identify the plc and bring it up no problem. But when I try to go online it begins uploading and then gives a bad communication fault. using df1 autoconfig with rs linx and serial to front port cable.

Thanks for any advice.

I'm not sure I get the whole picture, how do you mean you can bring it up?

I guess that looking in RSLinx you can see the CPU of the ML.

Du you have the program that is in the CPU?
If so, are you using Systems communications to find the CPU before going online?

Make sure that when going online it is the actual program that you have, RSLogix500 will tell you if this is not so. And ask you to locate the appropriate program file, and then upload the userprogram from the CPU.

But please try to be a little more specific on the messages that RSLogix500 sends you on theese errors.

Michal

phish13 said:
I don't know if I'm missing something. I can identify the plc and bring it up no problem. But when I try to go online it begins uploading and then gives a bad communication fault. using df1 autoconfig with rs linx and serial to front port cable.

Thanks for any advice.

I also am unsure if I have got the whole picture, but am going to make some calculated guesses.

It sounds like your ML1500 is the one with 2 serial ports so you could try using the one on the side.

Another guess

You could go to the tools tab on RSLogix 500 and select options, then in system options, select system communications, followed by who active or upload, this will allow you to get to your program file, if there is a naming differene of you DF1 driver from the origional.

As I said these are guesses so come back with more info.

suggestions

1 . it could be the computer com port fault , try another computer.
2 . try reseting the plc com port setings, by pressing the
comunucation reset button it will not damage the program on the
plc .
:nodi:

It could be the version of RSLinx you are using. You should be at 2.51 or at least ver 2.43 or above on RSLinx. Depending on the fault you're getting it could be several things, like a bad programming cable.