XBTN400 with ????? display

plcsoftvsd

Hi !!

I am trying to read some %MW ( temperatures)on the Magelis XBTN 400 (latest version) using XBTZ9780 cable coupled with XBTz999 adapter...but i am getting ???? on the display at all the fields.

What can be causing this..i can see these on the Twido PLC, but cannot see on the Magelis.

Can it be Modbus settings?

I am using 9600 as baud rate at both ( Twido,Magelis)

However parity is "None" at Twido and "Even" at Magelis..

Can this be a problem..?

Has anybody faced such problem before?

All ideas appreciated..

Last edited:
SLC_Integrator said:
Um yes I would think so.

I used "None" parity at both ends ( Twido/Magelis) still the ???? display exists.

By the way, i am using %IW1.0 as analog input ( symbol=temp) and then

using operate block %mw0=%Iw1.0

and %MW0 is the register i want to see in Magelis

What port are you coming out of? As I recall there are different pin configurations (something to do with a jumper) between the PROGRAM and the AUXILLIARY ports when communicating to an HMI.

On the last Twido I did with an EXOR HMI and a separate AUX port I had to swap my RS485 pins from what the EXOR diagram showed.

chud said:
what version of Xbt-l1000 do you have. Think the latest is V4.48

Yes it is Ver 4.48.

The good news is that the problem is solved I added another port, in the hardware and configured it in the software.

Working perfect...thanks guys for your inputs.

Cheers.🍻 🍻