Configuring Quantum PLC to Advantys Remote IO using Proworx32

Marshy

Hi,
I'm trying to configure a Quantum PLC to connect with an Avantys Remote IO island over Ethernet using Proworx32.
I've watched the video tutorial on the tele website but they're using the concept software.
I've setup the NOE card and have it communicating with a SCADA PC. The bit I'm stuck on is the IO addressing. Do I use the peer cop wizard or the IO scanner wizard?

Also once I've configured the IO how do i use it in the program, e.g how do I reference a bit a register?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Rich

IO scanner is the easiest way to go, but i only think thats available with a Webcast server enabled NOE and Concept software.
Otherwise its back to good old dependable MSTR instructions.
If you can give us some part #'s I can be of more help.

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I'm using an NOE771-11 module. I've got as far as configuring the Avantys Rolename using the webcast server. I think you're right about the IO scanner as I've noticed the peer cop is for modbus plus comms?

Still not sure how I go about referencing a bit in a register though?

Cheers

Rich

As your using Proworx it has to be 984LL and words are (im assuming) 40k series.

What do you want to do with the indivdual bits in the register?

You can control setting and resetting them directly with SBIT/RBIT & NBIT blocks or you can break them out into internal coils using NOBT and NCBT blocks.

Its not the most graceful way but like most things in 984LL, its about all you have!

As you may of noticed I'm new to Quantums (mainly worked with S5/S7) The CPU is a Quantum 534.

The individual bits will represent Inputs or Outputs from my Avantys island. So I'd like to use the individual bits for simple logic networks e.g. 2 of the inputs will bring on an output. I'll have a look at the instructions you've suggested.

Thanks for your help.

I guess it depends what registers the Advantys I/O uses.

If its regular discrete IO registers (1xxxx and 0xxxx) then you can read/write coils with a MSTR block and drop them right into holding registers within the main PLC.
If for some reason it uses 4xxxx that makes it bit more of a pain.
I'm sure you'll be totally underwhelmed with the selection of functions in 984 compared to Step7.

If all you have is a data word (i.e. a 4xxxx register) you can use the BLKM command to break the word into 16 consecutive 0xxx coils that you can then use in your program. Likewise you can use the BLKM to assemble 16 consecutive coils into a single 4xxx word.

For all intents 984LL is has the same command set as when it was introduced back in the late 80's. I think there have only been about 10 new instructions.