Woodward Easygen 3000

Perhaps it would help to get some responses if you explained what is a "Woodward Easygen". Is it an electric generator?

The Easygen 3000 is a genset control. It's like a EGCP but with more features. It's got load management features, digital and analof I/O. 4 comm ports (2 serial, 2 canBus).

Thanks

What protocol do the serial ports support?

If its Modbus RTU do you have the register map for the data you want?

Is the PLC master or slave?

What type/model of PLC.
The more specific you are the better folks on here can help.

It's gonna Modbus RTU (5003).
I've got the complete register map.
The PLC is going to be the master, and 4 units are going to be the slaves.
I'm going to use the Read Holding Register, Preset Single Register and Preset Multiple Register functions only.

I'm trying to select the PLC type accoridng to the woodward unit.

Thanks

If you need a Modbus Master capable PLC I would take a serious look at a SCADAPack from Control Microsystems.

Heres my reasoning:

AB dont do Modbus without a Prosoft card - that alone will cost you as much as the SCADAPack.

GE will do modbus but I'm presuming you dont want to pay $$ for the programming software (SCADAPack software is free).

Modicon will do Modbus but again, Unity Pro is NOT cheap and to take advantage of the entry level platform, the M340 (which is BRAND new) you'll need to buy 3.0.

Siemens may have a Modbus solution, I havnt done anything but Profibus or Profinet with the S7 line so I dont know. Regardless there would still be some software investment required.

I'm sure someone more knowledgable than me can offer you other possible solutions such as AD or Mitsubishi. I havnt used those much or at all so can't comment on what they can or cant do.
In summing up, we do this kind of application all time and have used SCADAPack pretty much exclusively due to its cost, flexibility and communications options.

Hope this helps.

AB dont do Modbus without a Prosoft card - that alone will cost you as much as the SCADAPack.

AB will do modbus out of the serial port, I think. I just know it is very crude.

which controllers do you prefer in generator synchronization? easygen 3000 is a new model, did you face any problems?

My preferance is the Si-TEC series of controllers but they are generally not universally available. They are made in Ozz.

The Woodward EGCP2 is OK but a pain in the 'A' at times. The EGCP3 is much better but also has a few problems. The main gripe is that you need a password to reset alarms - 'B' stupid when a security guard is on the phone in the middle of the night and needs to reset an alarm.

Have also extensively used the Woodward GCP31 series with the LS4 ACB controllers. They are made by a European company that Woodward bought.

The EasyGen is not so easy as it has enormous capabilities. Need to be a Nuclear scientist to understand half of it. However, the reports from a friend at Woodward are very good. Will have to see when and if I ever use one.

The Easygen3200, modbus RTU addressing starts at 450000, that is holding registers starting at address offset 50000. The current Easygen mapping is spelt out in the manual however, take note of the following :1) some of the addresses are single words and others are double words, 2) some words are signed(+/-32000) others (Status words 0-64000) are not signed.

We have successfully integrated multiple EasyGens with various PLC's. Horner PLC is lowcost and its software is free. This works well with the Easygen. Have you talked to the Woodward distributer in your area? www.govconsys.com

Prosoft to Easygen 3000

Hi, is there anyone here experienced easygen 3200 to blink when a write data is sent via prosoft command? the woodward easygen 3200 follow the write command but after few seconds it blinks and blinks and blinks. Please help me solve this problem. Thank you.