Flex I/O Addressing

AGENTTINFOIL

I need some help with addressing on a Flex I/O system. 5/03 processor and I believe there are 6 Flex Modules. I am not at the plant right now and I am trying to recall from memory. Not really sure how the addressing works. I think that the modules get the data from a block tranfer coming from the 5/03 and if I am right how does this work? also how can I find the addressing for the modules in the data table? Sorry if this post is short on info I may have to come back to this tomorrow. just hoping for a crash course and maybe a link to some good learning info. I searched the Rockwell web site and came up short.

thanks

is the flex on remote I/O? if it is, is it one rack and 6 modules, or six racks and many modules? if it is remote I/O the comms adapter is a 1794-ASB try the rockwell site for that, it explains the addressing.

If the FLEX I/O are connected using a 1747-SN scanner module, you will want to download the manual for that as well as for the 1794-ASB adapters.

All the discrete I/O maps to a 32-Word data table for the Slot number of the 1747-SN, with the data location based on the "Rack" address of the FLEX adapters.

Block transfer data to and from analog modules is moved into and out of the 1747-SN from arrays of Integer files. That is more complex.

The Knowledgebase has some specific examples for specific modules, but the User Manual from literature.rockwellautomation.com is the best reference for basic operation.

It is also possible to connect FLEX I/O to an SLC controller using DeviceNet or ControlNet, but the Remote I/O protocol option is the most common.