Redlion G306

Roy2

Hi
Can anybody set me straight on the redlion G306 HMI Screen. I am trying to get an Automation Direct 205 plc to do a simple thing like When X1 toggles on to off a box will turn green to red. When i try to enter 1 as my input in the data tag ,i get the message, offset badly aligned. It seems it wants it in an octal format which is still 1. On the same sreen i am having a problem reading a v-memory location from the plc in v-mem format. i have to go under format and change it hexidecimal to get the number in the proper range. I have limited HMI Experience so please bear with me. Thanks in advance.

Roy2,

Can you post your G3 database file and I can take a look at it.

Just an FYI, I will be teaching a FREE Red Lion HMI class in Dallas on Thursday December 6th if your interested in attending. It is completely hands-on and interactive. No POWERPOINTS allowed in my classes!

Regards,
Joe_WaZoo

file upload

hi Joe
thanks for the reply. How do i post a Crimson Database file?
Seems like it doesn't like that format.

The addresses on the Koyo are in bytes, so we need to request a whole byte at a time. For X1, you would map to X0000, and choose X0001 from the bit number drop down. X11 would be mapped to X0010 and X0011 would be chosen from the drop down.

As far as the V memory, you may need to use the Binary to BCD or BCD to Binary transform to get the number to display correctly. I can never remember which one, as I have never done it, and no customer has ever told me which one works.

Regards,
Dan

Last edited:
I suggest that you change your protocol to Modbus, which is a pretty standard protocol to use. I haven't used the Red Lion G306, but I am sure it supports Modbus well.

If you use Modbus, then you won't have to do the whole byte conversion thing. You will, however, need to convert the V Memory addresses into Modbus addresses. This is not that hard.

The user V Memory addresses are V1400-V7377. These addresses are in octal. To convert to a Modbus address, first convert the V Memory address to decimal. For example, convert 1400 to 768. Then add 40001 to that, and you have your Modbus holding register address of 40769. It is that easy. You can also convert any other type of memory location if you refer to the link below for more information.

Modbus conversion information:
http://www.automationdirect.com/static/manuals/d2dcm/appxc.pdf