Omron PLC

steve87

Hi, I have an Omron C1000H PLC I'm having trouble with. It has power but never gets a "run" light. Does the "run" condition come from internal diagnostics of the PLC or is it a signal coming from the machine the PLC is controlling? Thanks.

Most PLC's have two states Run and Program.
You are still in program, you need to go online and switch it to run.
I've not used omron for a long time but once online look for the PLC or status window and switch it to run.

Steve87, Welcome to the forum.

Is the Alarm/Error light on?

What power supply unit is in the system?
It appears from the information I have that there may be "Start" connections on the power supply. These terminals will need to be shorted to get a run condition on the processor.

Hope this will help.

It is using a PS223 power supply. It does have terminals on the bottom for going thru a set of contacts. I do have these contacts jumpered. I do also have an "error" light on. For what its worth. The machine its controlling always ran before with an error on the PLC. I'm working on getting access to the hand held module that plugs into these PLC's. Hopefully I'll be able to see what's going on then. Thanks for your input.