panelview32

I don't believe you can with the older versions. I don't remember seeing it as an import option. I haven't tried to import in anything into Panelbuilder32 and I am off work for awhile so I can't check on it. The best you can hope for is to export the graphic to something that the Panelbuilder32 software could import. Chances are it would be a waste of time considering screen sizes. You should be able to export the tag list from RSView to CSV and maybe need to re-arrange to import into Panelbuilder32. That might be worth a try.

Now with RSStudio and Panelview Plus there is some interchange available. The concept was to have your application usable in either a Panelview+ or PC with the correct license.

Steve,

What do you need to do? Do you have an RSView32 graphics screen that you need to view or edit? If so, you will not be able to do that with Panelbuilder32.

However, you can import any BMP (bit-mapped) picture file. The RSView32 files are not BMP files, but a special graphics GFX type.
PanelBuilder32 - Import a bitmap from a file
1 Click the Import button.
The Open dialog appears.
The File List box shows all .BMP files in the current folder.
2 Select the file you want to import and click OK or double-click the file name.
3 The Graphic Name dialog opens showing the name of the selected file.
4 In the Graphic Name box, enter a unique name for the bitmap.
5 Under Color Format, specify whether to import the graphic as a monochrome or 16-color bitmap.
· If importing a monochrome bitmap, this area is dimmed.
· If importing a color bitmap on a grayscale terminal, the bitmap is reduced to 4 colors.
6 Click OK.
The bitmap appears in the list of Currently Imported Graphics.
7 Click Done to exit the Import/Graphics dialog.
Copyright © 1993-2000 Allen-Bradley Company, LLC. All rights reserved.

Last edited:
i have a program written with rs view but i only have pannelbuilder 32 it only will open a .PBA file the file i have from rs view is a .MED file i need to convert this to a .PBA file to read it

The *.MER is a runtime file from a PanelView Plus terminal. These are created by RSView Studio software.

The other software is PanelBuilder32. It creates both *.PBA (project files) and *.PVA (runtime files) for older PanelView Standard terminals.

You can use a PanelBuilder32 project file as the starting point for conversion to RSView Machine Edition.

But there are no reverse compatibilities between product families. The RSView Studio project files can only be edited by RSView Studio.

The RSView ME Runtime file (*.MER) cannot be easily "decompiled" to become an RSView Studio project file. You would need both RSView Studio Machine Edition and access to Rockwell Automation Technical Support to perform that operation.

Your best option is to contact the people who created the original PanelView Plus application and get an archive file (*.APA) from them for the whole application.