digital output

Amr Hassan

is it to program the state of the output in case the plc fails or stops? is there a ob that runs in case of plc stops ?

(Assuming Siemens here as mention of OB)

There are failure/diagnostic OB's that allow you to save information on the cause of a PLC crash and in most cases, once programmed in will not crash unless you tell it to.

Really the decision is down to you on how critical it is to stop the PLC on an error, this should be determmined by what the PLC is controlling.

As mentioned above the hardware should always be designed to fail safe.

As an indication on the front of the panel, you could include a lamp controlled by a PLC output, set the PLC to always turn on this lamp. If the lamp is off the PLC has stopped.

Similar Topics

I am monitoring two BMXDDO3202K digital outputs for their behaviour, they are each for opening and closing, and so the on time affects how far the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a small programming task that I need help solving. I have to: * Create an analog input (4-20v)and a digital output * The analog...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need to send a digital output to turn a water pump Inverter driver ON/OFF. To this end, I'm planning to use a Digital Output Module, i.e. it...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am using rather an old PLC (FPO-CT32) by Panasonic with FPWINPRO 7. It doesn't give out the option of activating a high-speed counter for...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I am working on a project that I need to know when a RFID chip passes over, I just need a 24v input to the PLC so I can reset a...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom