ET200S - Profibus

Cryogen

Hi Everyone,

I am using a ET200S system with IM151-7 CPU. I also have the DP master module connected to it along with my other modules. Now I have a TP177B PN/DP touch screen and currently the touch screen is connected to IM151-7 CPU through MPI.

Now, I need this unit to be a slave on a profibus network. The DP master don't seem to have an option of being a slave. So how do I go about it? Can I connect the TP177B to the DP master module and leave the IM151-7 CPU as a DP slave? Can the HMI be a slave?

Please help..
Thanks

Cryogen said:
Can I connect the TP177B to the DP master module and leave the IM151-7 CPU as a DP slave?
I am 99% sure that you can do this. I suggest that you try setup the IM151-7 + master module as suggested, and then with the HMI project integrated in the same project, set the online connection via Profibus. Then compile the whole thing in NetPro. If NetPro doesnt complain then im am 99.9% sure it will work. :)

Cryogen said:
Can the HMI be a slave?
No.

There is possibly an alternative way. If the IM151-7 is setup as slave, then I think it should work too with the HMI setup as master (the partner master being some other master than the HMI). Again, checking it with NetPro is a good idea.

Thanks Jesper.

I do not have the HMI project integrated into the same project. So how do I link the TP177B with Netpro? I have Netpro open but not sure how to integrate the HMI on this. Sorry.. I am so new to this.

In WinCC Flexible there is a function to integrate the project in a STEP7 project. When you use it you have to select one of the STEP7 projects on your PC.
When the above is OK, you can specify the online connection by selecting the target CPU, rather than specifying the online details manually (baudrate, station adress, rack, slot).
And when that is done, you can open NetPro and let it check everything.