GE-Fanuc PMC-RA1, GEF-18TB can't read new PMC ladder to controller

IPSI John

We pulled the ladder file out via a CNC-GCoder via the serial port. We imported this file into FAPT-Ladder III as a 'Handy File' format. We modified the ladder file, and exported it as a 'Handy File' format. We set keeper relays 17.1 and 18.6 both to 1, but could not get the System-PMC-I/O to give a 'Data Kind' option when 'Read' into the controller is selected. Is there something basic we're missing? We've been through the GFZ-61863E but can't find where we've gone wrong. We can select a 'Data Kind' of Ladder when 'Write' from the controller is selected, but cannot select any 'Data Kind' when 'Read'. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

I do not know a direct answer, however there is a question that needs to be answered for anyone to give you a definate answer.
Are you the OEM? The machine builder can control if/how the PMC is altered.

It's a Motch vertical lathe and we're not the OEM. As far as I know, Motch is no longer in business. From the documentation we read on it, K17.X and K18.X are used by the OEM to prevent future access. Are there other means to prevent this?