PLC sequencer program

weilerot

I have a Micrologix 1000. I put together a program that turns on ouputs 0-15 sequentially.

I used b3;0 for my file. In the Fliel Mask I put 0004h.

In the output I put O:0.0

For the control I used R6:0

I put in 16 for the position.

I went to B3:0 and staggered the bits:

It worked. Is there another way that I could have done this?
Were my parameters ok?
Did the file mask the way I put 0004h have anything to do with the program working properly.

Thanks in Advance

Herb

PLC Sequencer program

I have a Micrologix 1000. I put together a program that turns on ouputs 0-15 sequentially.

I used b3:0 for my file. In the Fliel Mask I put 0004h.

In the output I put O:0.0

For the control I used R6:0

I put in 16 for the position.

I went to B3:0 and staggered the bits:

It worked. Is there another way that I could have done this?

Were my parameters ok?

Did the file mask the way I put 0004h have anything to do with the program working properly. I have attached a copy

Thanks in Advance

Herb

Herb, You asked:

Is there another way that I could have done this?
Yes, plenty of other ways, and I am not even sure of what you are trying to do (other than flash some lights on and off).

Were my parameters ok?
The Position of "16" is questionable. Normally you want to start a Sequencer at Step 0.

Did the file mask the way I put 0004h have anything to do with the program working properly.

Sure it did. The mask determines which of the 16 bits in Word O:0 are blocked out, so that they are NOT affected by your SQO Outputs. In your first question you said you used 0004h, which would mean that ONLY Bit 2 could be turned on, no matter what bit pattern you put into B3:0. In your actual program, I see that you changed the mask to 000Fh (binary 0000 0000 0000 1111). That will allow only the first 4 Outputs (O:0/0, O:0/1, O:0/2, and O:0/3) to be turned on. If you want all 16 bits of O:0 to come on in sequence, use a Mask of FFFFh (binary 1111 1111 1111 1111).

Now a challenge for you. Figure out how to have your program automatically load the patterns (numbers) into B3:0. Hint: There is an instruction to do simply this. You will need to also add some logic to generate the series of numbers (1, 2, 4, 8, 16, and so on. "Start with 1 and multiply by 2 each step" comes to mind). Then load each into B3.

Last edited:
Where I work we have alot of micrologix processors and we suffer alot of relay failures on machines that have come from manufacturers without implimenting slave relays to handle shorts rather than wiping out internal relays on the micrologix units.
We test the old units that come from the floor with a program similar to the one I'll try to attach with this post. We just wire the outputs to the inputs and check for differences at the end of the cycle.