gml interface not communicating with plc

Have you called the local AB Rep?

Not sure if it will help to have the software unless you have a copy of the original application. I believe all you can upload out of that system would look something like assembly language and be almost incomprehensible to most people (including me).

What type of communications are you using? I've done DH485 and also used the 1394 Turbo module which appears as a rack on the SLC backplane.

We have the original program,but not the operating software to let computer communicate with the program and they say that the software 1394
4.03 is obsolete?? not sure of much else right now . We just inherited this system from another company.

What is the complete part number of the 1394 system? It may have RIO comms in addition to those already mentioned.

And you'll want GML Commander v4.03 in order to communicate with it. The part number is GML-C-C. I am not sure if it can still be purchased, but I could not find it on the website. You should try to call your AB distributor and ask.

Depending on how the orignal program was written and how the serial port is configured, you may be able to learn a lot just from the terminal interface...if they used "print" blocks wisely in the code.