Version Control Software for PLC Projects

JASONSPURRIER

Does anyone know of or use a software package similar to Visual SourceSafe that is geared at maintaining control of PLC projects and code.

We don't do major development, however we have numerous existing PLC systems (Siemens S5/S7/WinCC, Omron, Mitsubishi) that we have to make modifications on from time to time.

The audit trail and version control for the industry i work in is extremely critical.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards

Jason

FasTrak Softworks is the company that provid the Seimens TI programming software, they have a package called FTVersionTrak Don't know if it can be purchased stand-alone for use with other plc's but you could have a look. I think the Oz compant is Cti Oceania (QLD).

Check out MDT Software - mdtsoft.com. they make specifically version control for PLCs, HMIs, etc. Has interesting online monitoring feature so you can actualy tradk whether changes are made after the inital offline devleopment.

I am actually waiting for some pricing as we speak. I will forward when I know more.

C-