is changing the user name can damage the licence

enasesh

Hi everyone,

I'm new to PLC world, when I'm starting the pc the boot gives me two options:
simatic manager
pc7

when I selected first option"Simatic Manger" and windows xp started , Ichanged the username from control panel===> user profiles then I restarted the pc and I logged in in the new name and windows started normally but, when I started the program it gives me that the "Licence is not valid" so I changed back the username , is changing the user name is the cause?

and I changed the pc7 user name and gives it a password, should I cancell this also.

help please.

Hello,

I know very little about S7, but it may have something to do with the way you installed the program, when you load/install your program you have the option to load it for 'all' users or just the installer user... so when you changed your user name you not being the primary user did not have permission to use the software...

Hope this help :) (it is just a WAG)

For ALM is possible select 2 tips of installation:
1. Anyone who uses this computer (all users)
2. Only for 1 user with LoginName

You need reinstall ALM for all users.