Radio remotes

TConnolly

Lifetime Supporting Member
I need a customizable radio remote to interface to a ControlLogix PLC that can provide jog forward and backward commands with speed selection for seven axis of motion. The operarots are tired of hiking back and forth from one side of the equipment to the other side dozens of times everytime there is a tooling change.

I have looked at a couple of options and am looking for others. I thought I would ask the board about what our esteemed members have used in the past.

SCADA and terminal server

Do you have SCADA on this machine?

I have made a solution with a Siemens Mobic T8 panel with Industrial Wireless LAN communication. On the Mobic T8 panel we have a client for the terminal server, so the operators have the SCADA system wireless on the machine for adjustment.

Link for the Siemens Mobic T8 panel: MOBIC T8

Last edited:
Stay away from Remtron.
IME, they have been the bain of my existance here.
I am in the process of finding something that actually works & ripping those piles of waste out.

I have used a lot of Omnex - now offered by Phoenix Contact - for wireless IO options with great success. Also used system from NBB controls and Control Cheif who both make industrial wireless pendant controls with nice form factors, rechargeable batteries, etc.