Externally Mounted communication Ports

dbowyer

Hello,

I am currently mounting external communication ports on the outside of panels to avoid opening them when interfacing with the PVs and plcs. However, I am having difficulty plugging into the external port with my 1747-PIC and establishing communications with the PV-550. Normally I can plug directly into it with no issues. Does anyone know what type of communication cord I would need to run between the PV and the external port?

Thanks

Please supply us with the full serial number of the PanelView 550
The 2711- xxxxx number it lets us know the comms type etc.

Are you using a real 1747_PIC, or just using the 1747_PIC Driver in RSLinx.

The panelview 550 number is 2711-55A2. I'm not sure about the PIC device. I have a cord with a box attached that is labled AB SLC 500, 1747-PIC SER A. In RSLinx I am using the PIC driver.

Something is missing here.
Your cat. number is not correct there is no 2711-55A2, is it a B5A2 or K5A2 or?. If its a B5 or K5 then it only has a DH485 port.
You cannot not plug a 1747-PIC directly into the PV as the PV does not provide power for the PIC ( see PDF below)
More info is needed here. Do you have an AIC link cuopler, AIC+, how is your PV connected to your PLC ( SLC)?

Last edited:
My mistake, Its 2711-B5A2. I have connected to this PV on many occasions with the PIC device and accessed both the panelview and PLC logix. The PV also has two ports. One is being used to connect to the PLC the other is the open DH 485.