J1939 via AB7645 through Ethernet

nhicks

Has anyone had experience with J1939, Caterpillar Gensets, or Pyramid Solutions AB7645 J1939/Ethernet gateway?

Im currently communicating through the AB7645/Ethernet, between the Genset and my Controllogix. I can display values and measurement fine.

Im trying to read the SPN/FMI information for alarms and shutdowns. I read the 4 bytes that are sent, I see the SPN, but the FMI is always coming across as a 15 (Alarm), even on a shutdown. I guess my question is more geared towards the AB7645, as to whether or not my block reading is correct. But getting support from the company is not easy.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Id like to make it home for turkey day! hehe

NH

Similar Topics

Good afternoon all I am have a difficult time trying to cross what is written in my program of which the origins were Rockwell engineers...
Replies
Views
I need help to configure the siemens gateway to read data from 5 engines and display it on HMI. I need help from someone who has worked with J1939...
Replies
Views
Hello All! I'm embarking on a new project and have been searching the forums to assist in what is looking to be a rather challenging task. We are...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know much about CAN communications? I potentially have a need to get data from CAN based NOx and NH3 sensors (these are typically...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a AB Compact logix connected with a HMI x-way Ethernet/IP to CAN J1939 Converter that is connected to a CAT engine. I have an Input and...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom