Ultra 3000i

I have had numerous issues with the 3000 series drives. I had them incorporated into a Sercos system, and when I saw an error that wasn't described in the literature, we simply pulled it and sent it back to Rockwell under the repair authorization given by our supplier.
Do you have it on a bus system that you can drill into the tags and find out on your own? You might be able to clear a hardware error online...

A search of the RA Knowledgebase with they keyword "E55" finds that it's an indication of a corrupt Personality EEPROM due to electrical noise or advanced age.

I think this might also be caused by frequent writes to EEPROM via a network interface.

Is this drive networked on DeviceNet, or on SERCOS ? How old is it ? Does it fault with other status codes ?

Had this problem before , happened on two drives on same aplication, but never got to the bottom of it because the client is located somewhere in Nebraska and I am in Toronto.

Now my drives were on Devicenet, and I suggested the guys to do several things but they never came back to me at least to tell me if they ever did anything.

Now in what setup do you have your drive?
Devicenet, Sercos, anything else?

Also how many working hours do you have on it?
Firmware?Series?