From Dm To Wordpad

kuttiess

hi friends,
basicaly im a mechanical technician eventhough iam interested in plc's,im having a doubt.
In omron plcs,is it possible to transfer the values from data memory to a pc as a wordpad document or a excel document.if so it will very useful for my project.
im having cx programer and a xp platform pc.
with a little hesitation i had submitted my question, if anybody knows please reply me with detail instruction.

Hello Kuttiess,

You can save the Memory areas (D, CIO, T etc) to a file using the Memory Component.

This will save the data as a *.mem file.

Open Memory component, transfer the required memory areas from the PLC, use ‘File \ Save to File…’ , select the memory areas that you want to save, click OK.

The resulting file can be opened with Word, Excel, Notepad etc.

If you wish to maintain the ‘table’ format, you can always copy and paste the data from the memory component straight into Excel.

Hope this helps.

hi paulus
thanks for your useful reply,
but i need to transfer the some areas of datamemory to wordpad or excel automaticaly with every 5 minutes interval to moniter our production log.if it possible please explain details step by step.

Dde?

kuttiess,

I believe the easiest means to accomplish this without purchasing additional software would be to use the DDE Manager Utility within CX-Server (installed with CX-Programmer).

I would tend to use Excel over Wordpad as you are likly going to have to write code to append and/or move the information on the interval discussed to prevent overwriting of existing data points.

Hope this helps.