Rslinx and rslogix 500 errors with Vista buisness

abdou

Hi folks,
I will be very appreciative if someone will lead me to any tip to uninstall RSlinx Classic and Rslogix 500 from a Dell Vista buisness machine, supposeblly going to programs and features and uninstalling them was an easy task with XP, now at first I got the message " an other installtion is in progress, wait till it's done" there was no installtion in progress, now I get this message respectively for RSlinx and RSlogox 500: problem with windows installer package error 1721, internal error 2738.

PS I kept running RSlinx and logix500 in an other XP machine.

Thank you a bunch!! and happy turkey time
icon10.gif

The last I heard, neither RSLogix or RSLinx were rated by Rockwell to run on Vista. It may be impossible to un-install them correctly. I would try to recover the key codes (if used) then abandon the programs, by using Explorer to delete the software, then a clean-up program to remove the unused bits from Windows.