RSLogix 5 issue

Dallin

Over the last week our shop computer has developed an interesting problem. We have about 15 PLCs all networked back to our shop and recently we have developed a problem with 3 of them.

Normally we just connect using the Who all function and double click on the plc that we want to connect to and it does the usual load up the prog and then goes online with the processor. Now 3 of them generate a page fault error and crashes out of RSLogix. The only way I figured out to get online with these processors is to load an offline image and then do a processor upload. After the upload I then get a prompt to go online and it works fine.

I am thinking that those 3 files have gotten corrupted somehow but I can't confirm it. Even loading up a back up copy or loading in a backup from a floppy does not fix it.

I am thinking the hard drive is telling me that its on the way out and we may soon find we will need to do the upload for more plcs soon.

Just wanted to see if anyone here has seen something like this before.

Thanks

I had a similar issue with one of our racks--I eventually corrected the issue by going off-line and then re-downloading the program into the rack.

My guess at the time was that someone had the program open and didn't shut the PC down properly, corrupting some portion of the program.

Rockwell Software could tell you for sure--

Thanks for the reply. Probably the only thing I did not try as we run 24 hours a day 5 days a week. Will try and get the weekend guy to reload it.