PLC programming beginner

javmen99

J
I'm new to the PLC world. I have a Automation direct system with a DL205 base and 250-1 CPU. I've read through the tutorial (PLC.net) and the programming software handbook so I have a basic understanding of how the PLC should be programmed and ran. My output unit is the D2-04TRS that's supposed to be powering a electric valve (120 v, 15 watts) I ran my simple program and the output unit just made a buzzing sound and the valve didn't open up. It appears that the control unit was working, but the valve didn't respond. Can anyone help me with writing a simple program to get started or any advice where I can get help?

Thx
Dave

I can (almost) guarantee that it's your program that's making the output 'buzz'. Instead of guessing what you want the program to do, post what you've got so far and we'll be glad to help you out. You can zip all the files and post it as an attachment.

Alternative method:

Since you're using DirectSOFT, and your program's probably quite short, you can use DirectSOFT's 'export' feature, and post the program as plain text. In the 'file' menu, select 'export'-->'program', and save it as a .TXT file. Open the .TXT file with notepad, then cut and paste the text into your post (or attach the .TXT file to your post).

Attachments are easy... When you reply to a thread, look at the bottom of the editor
[attachment]

beerchug

-Eric

attach.gif

mj

I'm new to the PLC world. I have a Automation direct system with a DL205 base and 250-1 CPU. I've read through the tutorial (PLC.net) and the programming software handbook so I have a basic understanding of how the PLC should be programmed and ran. My output unit is the D2-04TRS that's supposed to be powering a electric valve (120 v, 15 watts) I ran my simple program and the output unit just made a buzzing sound and the valve didn't open up. It appears that the control unit was working, but the valve didn't respond. Can anyone help me with writing a simple program to get started or any advice where I can get help?