RSView-SE: Date/Time Format

Jim-F

I'm trying to develope some events, and I'm having a hard time figuring out the correct format for the Date and Time.

I've tried the "system\DateAndTimeString", and the "system\DateAndTimeInteger". I just can't seem to get the correct combination of letters, numbers, and spaces to make it work.

I've resorted to using the individual component tags which makes the expression quite lengthy when you're setting specific dats/times for moving billing data.

Example:
(system\Month == 11) AND (system\DayOfMonth == 26) AND...

On and on until you've covered the Month, Day, Year, Hour, Minute, and Seconds of each billing date.

I'm looking for a quick format such as: 11/26/2007 09:35:00, and either AM/PM or 24 hour time.

Thanks in advance :)

If you are using a plc, either slc or control-compactlogix, you can use the realtime clock from the plc and trigger a bit and this bit will trigger the event.

To coordinate your computer clock and plc clocks use a tool that you can download from ab.com and they´re always gonna have the same time.
In control-compactlogix use the GSV instruction an with SLC use the S registers.

Hope this will help

widelto said:
If you are using a plc, either slc or control-compactlogix, you can use the realtime clock from the plc and trigger a bit and this bit will trigger the event.

To coordinate your computer clock and plc clocks use a tool that you can download from ab.com and they´re always gonna have the same time.
In control-compactlogix use the GSV instruction an with SLC use the S registers.

Hope this will help

We're using RSLogix5000 in our PLC's (CLX5555's) and I've tried using the GSV instruction, but I haven't figured out the operands to make it work with WALLCLOCKTIME. The instruction reference manual gives examples of everything except that.

We haven't set up our servers to act as the master time clocks yet, but I know what you're talking about.

Most of my experience and knowledge comes from being self taught using the PDF manuals, and some factory A-B training. When I can't find it in the manuals, I come here.

Thanks for the help :D

Example of how to use GSV to get date and time

here is how to use the GSV instruction, some words are in spanish but the final result is the same

gsv.JPG

Calendario means calendar, it is an array that has 7 posicion, 0=year, 1=MONTH, 2=DAY AND SO ON UNTIL 6=MICROSECOND, thius instruction has no condition,
If you observe calendar position you will see how thet change with time.

hope this will help