1784-ktxd

bakerboy_99ca

Hey Guys,

Need some help with this 1784-ktxd card that I am trying to get going in my office desktop. I have been trying different memory addresses via the rotating switches and nothing seems to work.
I have read all the knowledge base postings and did a search on this site but I cannot seem to figure it out. I will post a couple of screen shots of my system memory mapping and a shot of the ktx diagnostis utility stating it cannot find the card.

Please help!!
Mark

bakerboy_99ca said:
Hey Guys,

Need some help with this 1784-ktxd card that I am trying to get going in my office desktop. I have been trying different memory addresses via the rotating switches and nothing seems to work.
I have read all the knowledge base postings and did a search on this site but I cannot seem to figure it out. I will post a couple of screen shots of my system memory mapping and a shot of the ktx diagnostis utility stating it cannot find the card.

Please help!!
Mark

Being a KTX card, your desktop must have an ISA slot. I think it is impossible to fit a KTX card into a PCI slot.

bakerboy_99ca said:
windows NT

Did you see this note in the KTX manual regarding Pentium class machines?

p_note.jpg

ya tried for hours to get into the bios and tinker with things. the bios is so old that you have control over so little things.
I read this on the AB site which makes me think it might be something else....thanks for the suggestions so far....

Win NT
Windows NT does not require the user to configure memory exclusion, the operating system takes care of this when the ISA card is defined (hardware configuration) to the OS by the application software.

Contentions with other cards, the motherboard bus, and/or the OS memory manager
After checking for available space, installing the ISA card in an "available" spot, you find that the diagnostic's utility fails a test or doesn't see the card, or the application software cannot find the ISA card. As mentioned before, the reported "available" memory was really not available, and now it is strongly recommended that a map is made of the machines reported available memory. Based on the diversity of IBM compatible computers, there are several reasons why a card may not work installed in a area of reported "available memory" which can be attributed to how the OS, motherboard, or another ISA card uses memory.

The next step is to select another "available" memory location to install the ISA card. In fact, it may be necessary to try several different memory address locations before finding one that will work.

In some cases cards with different densities (8 bit versus 16 bit) will contend with each other if they reside in the same segment of memory. An 8 bit card may contend with another 16 bit card installed in the same C000-CFFF range of memory, and one of the cards may need to move into the D000-DFFF or even E000-EFFF range of memory to successfully operate with the application software.

If problems still exist after attempting the above recommendations, all non essential to the operation of the computer devices/cards (i.e. ethernet and sound cards) should be removed until the KTx can be configured to operate.

1784-KTx Communication Interface Card
User Manual Additions for Publication 1784-6.5.22