Trifonas

Trifonas

Hello
Please note I am new is the area of PLC
I would like to
Create a program to convert Celsius Temp. to Fahreheit in this case a thumbarrel switch connected to the input module indicates Celsius of (9/5 X C+32)
Dispay results in a Dm

First, use the Multiply insturction. Temporary1 = 9 X C
Second, use the Divide instruction. Temporary2 = Temporary1 / 5
Third, use the Add instruction. Degrees F = Temporary2 + 32

Your accuracy will depend on whether you use Floating-Point numbers (best) or Integer numbers (will work but chops off all fractional values).

If we knew what PLC software you are using, someone would probably give you the actual ladder rung logic. In the PLC world, brand and model of equipment does matter a whole lot.

"Dispay results in a Dm." What the heck does that mean? Display Module? Data Mode?

Last edited:
"Dispay results in a Dm." What the heck does that mean? Display Module? Data Mode?

Could possible be Omron, Date Memory.

Depending on what model the, if omron that Trifonas is using will depend on how easy this is to acheive...

NO.

You do a ladder rung logic diagram, paste it here and someone may help you de-bug it.

EDIT: Also, don't title every post with your name!!!!

Trifonas said:
If I knew how ? I would not ask for help

Regards

If you don't know how to even start, you shouldn't be doing it.

I'm working on the presumption you are a student who wants us to do your homework, if your not appologies.

Trifonas said:
Hello

Create a program to convert Celsius Temp. to Fahreheit in this case a thumbarrel switch connected to the input module indicates Celsius of (9/5 X C+32)

You have the answer here. o_O
Use Structured Text... simple!

The term kick start reminds me of my father. 30-odd years agoo, I was also asking for a kick start. He simply replied "turn around, I'll kick you so you can start" :D. I sure wish he was still around.

Kind regards,

jvdcande said:
The term kick start reminds me of my father. 30-odd years agoo, I was also asking for a kick start. He simply replied "turn around, I'll kick you so you can start" :D. I sure wish he was still around.

Kind regards,

Shhhht, mine lurks here also, don't give him any idea's........

jvdcande said:

Kind regards,

Nice sentiment Jean Pierre (y)

Trifonas said:
I would like to learn and I need a kick start

Hey Buddy,

based on your last two posts, why don't you tell us what school you are attending and maybe some semi-retired member here can go attend classes for you.