1797 Flex Ex install issues

russrmartin

Hey all. I've got a specific installation using AB's Flex EX intrinsically safe I/O that I cannot get working. The setup is as follows:

Original equipment that I installed 2 years ago:

1797-ps2n2 power supply feeding the a rack with the CEC and BIC modules, then 1 16 point digital module. This installed great and has been working ever since.

The new part of this is to add a 1797-IE8 analog module and a 1797-OB4D. Here is the odd part. When each of these modules is installed in the rack by themselves, I am able to schedule the network and each module comes up healthy in the CLX project I/O tree. However, none of these guys will work and play well with others. What I mean is, when more than one module is installed in any combination, all 3 are pulled offline and do not connect to the network. Tech support claims I have a hardware failure, but I have replaced everything except the 3 terminal bases with no change in symptoms. Anyone else have any ideas to try?

you mention scheduling so I am assuming you are using controlnet to the flex?

Only thing I can think of is when you put both modules in together, in rs5000 did you go to the ACN15 properties and increase the chassis size for the extra module?

Are you saying when you put them both in, you cannot see anything when you browse with RSNetworx?

I'm guessing a bent pin between the first and second terminal bases. While I haven't used the OB4D, I have used the analog and digital ins together without a problem. I would check the terminal based connections very carefully.

Keith