Trifonas

Trifonas

Please provide a ladder rug logic for the following exercise (using OMRON software)

A vessel is being filled with raw material. The application requires an alarm to sound when the supply system leaks 5 lbs. more of raw material after a preset weight of 500 lbs. has been reached.

Step 1: When the start button is pressed the fill solenoid and filling indicator lamp are turned on and raw material is allow to flow into the vessel.

Step 2:The vessel has its weight continuously monitor by the PLC program as it fills

(weight is store in D0)

When the weight reaches 500 Lbs. the fill solenoid is de-energized and the flow is cut off.

Step 3: At the same time the filling pilot light indicator is turned off and the full pilot light indicator is turned on.

Step 4: Should the fill solenoid leak 5lbs. more of raw material into the vessel the alarm will energize and stay energized until the flow level is the reduced below the 5 lbs. overflow limit.( no need to implement the logic to eliminate overflow level)

Thank you

Trifonas

Trifonas,

Pretty much everybody here gets paid to do what you are asking for. However, we all like to help new people starting out, and we do that for free (and for the ego boost).

But you won't get your homework handed to you on a platter. Ya gotta show some effort, then you'll get all the help you need.

TM

Where in your first post did you ask for HELP???

You did not, you said for someone to do it for you

You don't need to post ladder logic at this point.

How about thinking up the input and output lists you require?

Assign addresses to these items?

A 1.2.3. list of what should come on, and in what order?

We don't ask for a first draft nescessarily, just an attempt at reasoning it out

Originally posted by Trifonas:

I am asking for help

Can you HELP me?

Why, yes. Yes we can. However, you have yet to ask a question.

Start doing what you are going to do. When you hit a specific stumbling block, ask that question. You will get an answer.

Keith

Trifonas

There are many of us here who can do the above exercise in just a few minutes. But we won't do it FOR you... but we love to help.

The hardest part of any automation project is defining what you need to do. This is perhaps best done with a flow chart. Start with this -- showing each step and the trigger condition to transfer to the next step. Identify WHAT you want to do.

Then identify the I/O that you require (or, as in this case, are assigned) Assign addresses to those devices.

Until you have done those things, you aren't ready to start writing code... Do that first, then post what you have and someone may help you with the next step.

Help us to help you. We won't do it for you. Don't assume we will. Change your attitude from demanding help to showing some initiative first -- or you won't get any help here at all.

Which Omron processor are you using?
What device is providing the weight value for the tank?
Do you have the manuals for the processor?

Please take a look at OZEE's post. You really need to define the input and output points before you can start writing code.

I will give you one hint. You will need to use comparison instructions in your program.

Forget the ladder for now.

Do a flow chart! Each step... Each transition...

Don't post anything else until you have that done.

Do you know what a flow chart is?

At this point, I don't care what PLC or which software you're using. We are trying to identify what your process is... Until you know WHAT you're going to do, it doesn't matter HOW you do it.

DO A FLOW CHART!

I really agree with OZEE. You need to work up a flow chart!

CX-Programmer is programming software. It works will MANY different processors. Each processor has different instructions. You will need to know which processor you are using before you can properly setup CX-Programmer.

Manuals are available at www.omron.ca. Click on the Document Library link in the menu on the left.

Get the flow chart done and post it. We can move forward after that.