Slc5/05 Or Plc5e To Pc

Kabir

SLC 5/05 or PLC5E
For some reason I have never worked with the above two processors. Our Ethernet network is only for computers and HMI's however linked to the PLC DH+ network via control logix.

I just wanted to be sure about a couple of things here. If we were to insert some of these Ethernet based processors unto our Ethernet network would they be able to communicate with the existing PLC's on DH+ via the control logix gateway?

Two if I were to connect a PC running RSVIEW directly to the Ethernet port via cross cable or through a switch would I be able to establish communication with the PLC/SLC and use RSVIEW.

Third question would I have to run RSLINX Pro on the RSVIEW running PC or would Linx Lite do the trick via a direct driver instead of OPC or DDE.

There is allways a possability that the firmware in either of those processors is to old to perform a multi-hop message instruction (if these are some you have just laying around). If you have files you have downloaded before to the processors you want to use, try adding a message instruction and on the SLC change the block to Remote and on the setup screen set the instruction to Multi-Hop. This will add another tab to the setup screen that says "Multi-Hop" and you can configure the path though the gateway.

I believe the PLC5 is similar (you do not have to select remote).

Also, make sure you select the Ethernet port for the message or you will not get these options.

Darren

Last edited:
Question #2 - You can run directly between the RSView and controller

Question #3 - RSLinx Lite won't do. Use RSLinx OEM (unless you
want to go the OPC route).

Good Luck,

(8{)} :) .)

(Yosi)