Zone Reset

tlvaun

Hello,

In one of my programs I need to reset 82 registers with one command, but cannot find a zrst instruction like in the fx series. I am using a Mitsubishi A1SCPU. Is there another way to go about this without using 82 seperate reset commands?

As far as I know, you are stuck with writing 82 resets.

Just checked the programming manual, there is no mention of any zone reset. You could get tricky and write some code that writes a zero to every coil, but I find that if you have your 82 resets at the top of your program, it gives you a starting point to check which outputs are on at any one time, which can be a valuable debugging tool.

Just remembered, you will have to break the outputs up, as there is a limit to the number of outputs per ladder line.

There is a way to do a zone reset but unfortunately, I neither have my book nor laptop with all my programs on.
I have wracked my brain for the instruction for an hour now but it wont come.

The 'A' cpu does not have a ZRST instruction (which is a big omission)and the programming manual does not tell you how to do it in any other fashion. But there is a way of doing it with one line.

I will get back to you with it.

Try to use FMOV

Go to www.meau.com, click on technical support and
choose A PLC. Download programming manuals such as
Fundamentals and Common Instructions.
Check out the FMOV instruction. You can clear 82 registers
starting at say D35 with "FMOV K0 D35 K82".
To clear 82 bits starting at say M35 use
"FMOV K0 K1M35 K21". Actually this will clear 84 bits
since 21*4=84. This should not be a problem since you have
much more memory than in FX plc.

have fun,

panic mode