BTW: Com.Problem between Old443 & new443

aikona

I had a very strange problem :Two S7 412 communicating using 443 modules.One 443 is of type 6GK7 443-1EX11 V1.1 and the other is 6GK7 443-1EX40 V2.0 .Although the software (NetPro V 5.4) allows me to make a connection between the two using TCP the older module is not capable of communication via TCP but the UDP protocol has to be used.
I am sure that this is a bug connected to Step 7 V54. because V5.3 did not allow you to make a connection.

So in V5.4 you can make a connection .In diagnostics everything is ok But in the receive DataBlock the data is offset by 8 byte and repeats itself for the lenght of the DB.

example I send 20 bytes starting at DBB10 , I recieve 20 bytes starting at DBB18 and repeating at DBB48 ,DBB68 etc .Even worse if I set the lenght of the recieving 2 bytes longer ( which should not matter as the lenght is part of the telegram) then every time I receive data it is shifted by two byte.

I wasted a total of 4 hours on this stupid bug

Eric

When using UPD, the IP Address and Port are added to the message length, but that is only six bytes. Are you taking that into consideration, or is that part of the message you are capturing?

It's odd that only the first message is offset by 8 bytes, and all of the following messages follow your 20 byte offset. Are you sure that the pointer for the destination data is being formatted correctly?

Hi

Two pic with the soft from both PLC's and one connection .It works with profibus ( FDL ), ethernet ( UDP , TCP if the card can handle it)

Eric

FC5_FC6.JPG

NETPRO.jpg