PL7 Unitelway Addressing to Modicon TSX

apstar

I have a simple unitelway network of two TSX plcs

PLC 1 is a TSX5720 with a PCMCIA SC114P RS485 card (Channel 1), and is the Master. The front connector of this card is linked (through an SCA62) to an ACC01 which is connceted to the Terminal Port of a second TSX5720. The address of the ACC01 is set to 8)

Please note in order to understand the following diagram, just ignore all the . . . 's

PLC1 . . . . . . . . . PLC2
.PCMCIA(Chan 1) . . Term
. .SCP114 . . . . . . . .¦
. . ¦ . . . . . . . . . . . .¦
. . ¦ . . . . . . . . . . . . -- ACC01
. . ---- SCA62 ---------- Adr 8

I also have the PL7 programming software on a laptop and the serial cable TSXPCX1031.
Connecting to the PLC's individually (via their Term ports) with the cable set to Ter-Multi, and the unitelway driver set to SYS, I can transfer programs ok.

I need to be able to connect into the network and be able to program both PLC's without disturbing any connections. I think I should be able to do this by connecting into the Term socket of the ACC01.

Question 1. If I connect to the Term socket on the ACC01, then which switch position do I use on the cable box? is it still Ter-Multi ?

Question 2. What do I change the Unitelway Drive PLC address to, to be able to communicate with the Master, is it 0 or 0,0,0 or 0.0.0 or 0.1.0 or 0,1,0 or what?

Question 3. What do I change the Unitelway Drive PLC address to, to be able to communicate with the Slave at address 8, is it 8 or 0,0,8 or 0.0.8 or 0.1.8 or 0,1,8 or what?

I have tried looking through the mounds of Telemech documentation, and nothing really describes this simple situation! The addressing also differs between the manuals and the PL7 help file ! I have also spoken with Telemech support who were just as confused as me ! !

I am hoping some of you PLC gurus out there can help.
Many thanks in anticipation . . . .

Hi, anybody got any ideas on this?
Im sure its a reasonably easy question to answer for anybody with a little experience of PL7 and TSX kit
Thanks

PCMCIA cards and the link built into TSX SCY 21600/21601 modules authorizes: processing in Uni-Telway mode, mastering: 8 messages transmitted to the bus, 8 received messages, processing in Uni-Telway mode, as a slave of: 6 transactions at server address Ad0, 1 transactions at server address Ad1, 8 receptions at application address Ad2.For communication via a PCMCIA card or built in link, the maximum frame size is 240 bytes per communication function.

This is what the help file says. Maybe change ur address of slave.
Also have you checked that the dip switches(master or slave) inside the TSXPACC01 is set correctly?
Will go do a few test and reply a bit later

Got it working. . .

Thanks for the help, Due to lack of knowledge from Schneider UK tech support (!) I have now managed to sort it by trial and error on site in front of the customer (not recommended nor very professional. . !)

For anyone who may be interested:
Connecting the serial programming lead into the Term Socket on the ACC01, with its switch set to "Term-Multi"

Setting the PL7 PLC Address to SYS connects to the Master PLC, and setting the PL7 PLC Address to 0.1.8 connects to the slave plc.
Note the decimal points between each field in the address(not commas), and i think the first digit is the network number, the second is the channel number on the master plc where the network is connected, and the third is the address you want to communicate to.

There was an added complication in that there was also a HMI on the network which was allocated the same addresses as the PL7 programming package (1,2,and 3), that was stopping the programming laptop from getting to anything on the network! Once the base address had been set to above the used addresses then it connected ok. The base addres was changed in the configuration of the unitelway driver on the laptop.

Again thanks for your help and advice.

If anyone has any further comments then please feel free to continue this topic as I will be checking back. . .