Rsview Studio Client Over Remote Desktop

careed_25

I have studio running on a server and my full client licsense resides on that server. What I am needing to know is how you keep the client running on the computer that is remotely logged on to the server. What is happening is that the server seems like it is going to sleep and it shows the remote desktop tab at the top of the screen only. When a key is pressed it asks you to log on to the server again. How can I keep my displays on the screen at all times? Is this done on the server or on the client computer?

From what you explained in your post, the settings would have to be changed on the server. I don't know what operating system you are running on the server, but if you were running XP what you need to do is change your power options and possibly your user options. Power options can be found in the control panel under performance and maintenance. All you'll need to do is create or change existing power scheme to a scheme that never goes into standby. If your user options need to be changed that also can be found in the control panel under user accounts. Those changes are all dependent upon what user level you are logged in as.

After re-reading your post, I may have misunderstood which pc was going in energy management. If it's the client computer that is asking you to log back in, that's the computer you'll have to change the settings on.

I hope this helps.
Good luck

Last edited:
I think PC_Geek's on the right track. It sounds like your screen saver or power management settings are a problem.

Here's another tip:

When you use Remote Desktop and Rockwell software, it's a good idea to use the /console switch. That will give you the extra access rights you'll need to run applications like RSLinx and the RSViewSE tag import from a remote computer.

I have checked and rechecked all power settings and they seem to be correct. No screen saver no hibernate and I went in to the policy settings on the server and up the time to automatically log out the session. My desktop that I am using to remote desktop to the server is part of a domain and I believe this might be an issue since what changes I make to the desktop are overidden by the settings that the domain has for this desktop. I have out network guy working on it to see what might be set wrong. I will post if we find out and let you know.