decimal numbers

Azi

hey,

im trying to extract the 3rd decimal digit from a number using RSLogix 500. but i have no clue how to do it.

lets assume that the number is 5.059835

what i want to do is take the 9 and copy it to its own N7:X block

now, my number is going to change once my timer ends, so it is not constant. does anybody have an idea on how to do this?

thanks

Azi
Look up SLC Instruction help on the COP instruction which will get your floating point number to a string format. then depending on the position of the of the digit from the left look at the ASCII String Control instructions AEX and the ACI

Hooey

100*abc.defg - (100*abc.defg rounded down) = 0.fg.
10*(0.fg) rounded down = f.

I think this should do it, but my brain hurts a little this morning.