Telemecanique TSX17 PLC

rlmts

Hi,

I have been asked to look at upgrading some kit from TSX17 to one of the Rockwell (AB) platforms.

The existing installation is poorly documented and as I see it the best way forward would be to print out the existing ladder and begin manual conversion from that.

PROBLEM: How do I get at the existing program? (to produce a hard copy)

Will I need what I believe is called the XTEL software or a PG unit?

Can anyone give me some advice on how this can be achieved?

Any comments gratefully received.

Rich.

TSX17 can be programmed with PL7 for DOS. Depending on the memory module installed, you might need PL7-2 or PL7-3. Schneider Electric has shared this for free in the past for upgrades, but probably not if you tell them you want to convert to AB.

Cable is TSX17ACC8, which is extremely hard to come by. Might be best off looking for an integrator who remembers these old beasts.

Hi there, i know this is an old post but did you manage to get the software off the old TSX17? im currently having difficulty. if so could you post how you did it.
Thanks

Hi Tom,
Well, yes and no!

Someone else created the print-out for us to work with.

For this job I was subcontracting to an industrial software company (PLCs / Scada / HMI etc) and they managed to contact someone to arrange the print-out for me so that I could convert it to AB. But this print-out was eventually taken from a 3.5" disk of the Telemec programme found on site. (Although I believe they could have 'sucked it out' of the existing PLC if this had become necessary)

Not sure if they charged for this service, probably did, or perhaps they 'owed one' to the 'company'!?

Would you like me to try and find out who they were?

Regards, Rich

Hi Rich,
If its not too much fuss could you find the name of the company? are they UK based?

Not having much luck getting the software out. I think it's a licencing issue.

Thanks
Tom

I have been doing alot of calling in Canada and have found out that it will be very difficult to source the software and cables to extract the program. Let me know if you have found a source.

Chris

Sorry for late reply Tom.

Really sorry, but it's been a few years and people have come and gone, and nobody appears to have a record of who it was!

Have you managed to get anywhere with this issue?

Rich

Hi, yes I did manage to get comms to it, unfortunatly the eeprom was empty, I may have downloaded a blank project during the process. Anyway i managed to re-write the code from scratch for the new PLC.

Cheers