Indirect addressing on PanelView+ 600

brendanjlee

Greetings all,
I am trying to write and interface for an Allen Bradley Micrologix 1500 PLC using a Panelview+600 HMI. I have 4 recipes, each stored in their own data file in the PLC and I am trying to allow the operators to edit the individual recipes one at a time. The recipe data is stored in the format
::[SHORTCUT]N[N30:2]:15 where N30:2 holds a value pointing to the data file where the settings for each particular recipe is held. Each recipe has about 25 pieces of data.
Whenever I try to run the program I get errors such as
The item '::[SHORTCUT]N[N30:2]:15' does not exist on any server however I have checked in the PLC data table and N30:2 is definetely pointing at the correct data file...
Any ideas on this one?
Thanks in advance,
Brendan

Last edited:
Never tried to use it, but most of HMI these days have recipies tools in them. Just have a look at help file for that. Might be an option for you...

brendanjlee said:
Greetings all,
I am trying to write and interface for an Allen Bradley Micrologix 1500 PLC using a Panelview+600 HMI. I have 4 recipes, each stored in their own data file in the PLC and I am trying to allow the operators to edit the individual recipes one at a time. The recipe data is stored in the format
::[SHORTCUT]N[N30:2]:15 where N30:2 holds a value pointing to the data file where the settings for each particular recipe is held. Each recipe has about 25 pieces of data.
Whenever I try to run the program I get errors such as
The item '::[SHORTCUT]N[N30:2]:15' does not exist on any server however I have checked in the PLC data table and N30:2 is definetely pointing at the correct data file...
Any ideas on this one?
Thanks in advance,
Brendan
The PanelView can't work with an indirect address.
You will need to set N30:2 directly from the PV and then cause the PLC to move the selected recipe into a scratch-pad area in the PLC which the PV can access directly. When editing is complete, cause the PLC to move the scratch-pad area back to the original location for the recipe.