S5 - won't let me download SB2 problem?

Johnny T

Hi all,

I've got an S5 PLC that has had a memory reset performed on it. I'm trying to put the program back into it but it won't let me transfer SB2 for some reason.

The machine won't work and the difference between the two programs is this SB2. However, when I look in SB2 in the editor there is nothing in it?

I've found out (through the manual) that SB2 is a "Sequence Block" but that's about all the info I can find.

Can someone explain whether there is a different method to downloading these blocks and, also, briefly what this block is/does?

Many thanks for any light you can shed on this

Cheers

JT ;-)

Hi John,

'Ordinary' sequence blocks are available in most of the CPU's and can be used in the same way as program blocks (PB's).

They are transferred in the same way as all the other block types.

However, there are also SB's which are used with GRAPH 5 as 'execute' blocks.

SB2 is listed as one one these but I haven't used GRAPH 5 for many years and I'm unsure as to whether GRAPH 5 must be installed for transfer of this block.

...but this requirement does seem a bit unlikely, so my bringing up GRAPH 5 may be a complete red herring...

Anyway, here are links to a couple of the GRAPH 5 manuals to keep you occupied until you get a better response:

GRAPH 5/II V7.1

GRAPH 5 V3.0

Kev

Thanks Kev

Its sorted now. The SB was a red herring and the machine simply needed a 'start up' sequence performing which was listed in OB21.

Thanks for the links though. I haven't had any dealings with Graph 5 so I'll read up on this.

Cheers

;-)