Red Lion G308

pauly

Any body any idea how to set an alarm or message on a G308 if there is a communications fault with the PLC (CLOGIX)?
I've tried the CommsError internal tag but I'm not sure how to trigger an alarm from an internal tag

I've never used the CommsError variable but I'm pretty sure that you could just put it into a formula flag tag and trigger your alarm from that. Since it's a bitwise variable you'd have to include the bit number for whatever device you're monitoring (i.e. CommsError.1). Or if you just want to know if any comms faults have occurred for the whole system, you could probably assign CommsError to a formula integer tag and use a Data Mismatch alarm with a value of 0 (any value other than zero indicates a comm fault).

Kolur is correct.

Create a new formula integer called say CommsFault and have the tag set to CommsError. Global all ports comms error then use datamismatch alarm value of zero on the alarm tab.

Or use a formula flag tag and then specify the specific bit depending on which device (bottom right of c2 when in comms and your plc is highlighted) the clx is refered to.

To see the error display the commsfault tag on a test page in binary on the G3 and unplug the clx. You could also have a maintenance page showing the comms status, cf status and ip number etc

See attached C2 file for 3 CommsError examples, note you'll have to change the device to your specific one depending on your com port configs. I have not tested or checked this either!

G3_Hmi.jpg

Last edited:
DanYost said:
Thanks gents, I guess I no longer need to monitor this forum...

Regards,
Dan

Dan

You definately do need to monitor these forums

I learnt all i know from you!!