1746-nt4 with a load cell

CJones

Whats the chance of using a 1746-nt4 (millivolt input) to a regular loadcell (millivolt Output so to speak)

any ideas? I've got one of each but don't want to destroy the card

Clint

CJones said:
Whats the chance of using a 1746-nt4 (millivolt input) to a regular loadcell (millivolt Output so to speak)

any ideas? I've got one of each but don't want to destroy the card

Clint

It is possible.
The full scale output of the load cell is based on its mv/V rating. Typically most common load cells are 2 or 3 mv/V, meaning if you supply 10VDC excitation on a 2mv/V load cell 20mv will be the full load rating and on a 3mv/V, 30mv will be the full load rating.

I always prefer to use a Toledo Panther or Hardy Instruments with RIO and use a RIO scanner card to acquire the weight data digitally.