1771-ofe1 communication with SLC 5/03

bikash

Hello Everybody
i want to know how can I Communicate 1771-0fe1 with SLC 5/03 over RIO. I HAve Written BTW for that in the Ladder with correct Rack Slot Group, But the .DN bit is not Coming only EN bit is Coming, The 1771-ofe1 module is of Series B Firm Ware A

Also Can I Convert 1746-NO4i out put to 0-10 V DC output, If Yes How?????

Can't help with the 1771 stuff, I have never tried that.
With the 1746-NO4I just run your current output thru a 500 ohm resistor.
Ohms law says 0 ma thru 500 ohm is 0 volts, 20 ma thru 500 ohms is 10 volts.

outputdata.jpg

mixing PLC and SLC hardware ...

Greetings bikash ...

we can give you more detailed help - if you can tell us more about your system ... I probably have enough gear in my lab to duplicate the setup and post the complete answer for you ... but to do that, we need to know EXACTLY how your system is configured ...

I’m GUESSING that you have a 1747-SN Scanner Module in the chassis with your SLC-5/03 ... which slot is it in? ... please LETTER the slots from left-to-right in all of your chassis in your reply ... for example use A-B-C, etc. and NOT 0-1-2, etc. ... that will help remove the ambiguity of two-slot, one-slot, half-slot addressing modes, etc. ... also is that 1747-SN module a Series A or Series B? ... it makes a difference ... how do you have the G-Data configured for that 1747-SN module? ...

also I’m GUESSING that you have a 1771-ASB Adapter Module in the remote chassis with your 1771-OFE1 ... we need to know the Series of that module ... we need to know how ALL of the DIP switches are set on that module ... we also need to know how ALL of the DIP switches are set on the chassis backplane (located BEHIND but NOT on the ASB module) ... we also need to know in which slot you have the 1771-OFE1 module installed ... again, please use A-B-C, etc. nomenclature to nail this information down ... finally, it would be very helpful if you could post a copy of your .RSS program file ...

once we have that information, we will be in a pretty good position to help you solve your problem ... we look forward to hearing from you again soon ...

slc 5/03 with 1771 hardware

Hi
i am sending the configuration diagram,ladder and switch setting in the attached file
Regards
Bikash

one of files in the ZIP is a .PPT (PowerPoint?) format ... I don't have PowerPoint loaded on my office machine ... can someone please do a conversion to something else and post it? ...

thanks ...

Ron Beaufort said:
one of files in the ZIP is a .PPT (PowerPoint?) format ... I don't have PowerPoint loaded on my office machine ... can someone please do a conversion to something else and post it? ...

thanks ...

Drawing convertered:

this should get you closer ...

Greetings bikash ...

first of all, on your BTW rung, try changing the address from N7:10/15 (Enable Bit) to N7:10/13 (Done Bit) ... probably you are more familiar with the PLC-5 system and are modeling your rung structure on that platform ... the SLC is different ...

next ... why are you trying to transfer 20 words of data (Requested Word Count entry) to the OFE1 module? ... try using 13 words instead ...

next ... the data format that you have presently selected for your module is BCD (Binary Coded Decimal) ... possibly this is correct - however, Two’s Complement Binary is MUCH more common ... if Two’s Complement Binary is what you really need, trying changing the value of N7:24 from 0 to -32768 (NOTE THE NEGATIVE SIGN) ...

we can help with any scaling issues you may have - if you will tell us how you want the channels of the OFE module to be configured - and the data format that you want to use ... at present (with BCD format) you have channels 1 and 2 configured for 0 to 222 ... channels 3 and 4 are configured from 0 to 65 ... after changing the value of N7:24 (to -32768 as mentioned above; for Two’s Complement Binary format) channels 1 and 2 should be configured from 0 to 450 ... channels 3 and 4 should be configured from 0 to 95 ...

survival tip: if you have a copy of RSLogix5 (for the PLC-5 system) it is often a good idea to nail down the configuration of analog modules such as your 1771-OFE1 by using the built in “IO Configuration” features of RSLogix5 ... once the desired configuration values have been written into the PLC-5’s data tables, copy them down and manually transfer them into the corresponding locations in the SLC-5/XX processor ... since 1771-style hardware is not often used with the SLC platform, the configuration features of RSLogix500 don’t cover the values necessary to set up these older modules ... guess what ... neither does RSLogix5000 for the ControlLogix platform ... words of wisdom: don’t throw out any old copies of RSLogix5 that you might have available - just because you're moving up to a newer platform ...

finally ... you have DIP switch #2 on the chassis backplane set OFF for a “Processor Restart Lockout” ... that might indeed be what you want - but setting that switch ON is much more common ... PLEASE consider any potential SAFETY issues that might result from having the processor automatically restart that chassis for you ... in the meantime, if you leave that switch as it is presently set, you will probably need to momentarily short (connect together) the last two screws on the swingarm of the 1771-ASB module (either manually with a jumper wire or with a pushbutton) to reset the remote chassis after a power cycle or fault condition ... research this if you are not familiar with what I’m talking about ...

hopefully this will get you going ... if not please post again and give us any symptoms and indications from your equipment ... we’ll be glad to try again ...

also - is this an industrial application - or a training exercise? ...

either way, good luck with your project ...

PS Edit ... good job on the information you posted ... that was very clear ...

Last edited:
Thanx Buddy
I will try out this today
Actually it is a IndustriaL aPPLICATION OF A hIGH PRECESSION LATHE mACHINE
regards
Bikash