Contrologix To SLC 5/05 via ethernet

maniec

I have to set up comms between a L55 Contrologix and a SLC-5/05 via Ethernet.

I assume the message instruction from the SLC will be used as always, but what needs to be done in the Contrologix?

I have figured out that I need to use the MAP PLC/SLC instruction to map the data, but how does the read/write happen??

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Followup to post

We have experienced an interesting issue with Logix to SLC 5/05 messaging over ethernet. I basically followed the procedure outlined in the knowledgebase instruction. Everything works very well until I go online with the SLC 5/05 over ethernet with my laptop (through the switch). The message instruction in the logix begins to get errors and will not communicate until I disconnect. My guess is that the communication processor in the SLC gets overwhelmed. Has anyone else experienced such an issue?