Alphanumeric Readout?

jrh

Being new to plc's, and assigned to build and program a plc operated automation and testing device, I'm sure their will be several questions. For right now I need to know if there is an Alphanumeric readout available to work in conjunction with the Keyence KV-16R plc. And if so, would it be able to output predefined text when certain criteria are met. And if those are out there, would my plc have the capability to store a captured value (say from a pressure transducer) in a variable, and display that value along with some text. For example, "The measured perameter is .009 out of tolerance"?
It seems to me like this type of readout would be available, but I have yet to find anything. Please help!

In the order asked...

Hello!

1. For right now I need to know if there is an Alphanumeric readout available to work in conjunction with the Keyence KV-16R plc.

Try www.exor-rd.com They have lots of good panels with all kinds of drivers and features. It's very likely you'll find something there.

2. And if so, would it be able to output predefined text when certain criteria are met.

Absolutely. In exor's Designer sotware, it's a message field, with pre-defined messages that are called up by writing a corresponding value into a register selected for that purpose

3. And if those are out there, would my plc have the capability to store a captured value (say from a pressure transducer) in a variable, and display that value along with some text.

Certainly. Use a numeric field to disply the value, then a message field as above to disply the desired text.

How you go about this, programming wise, will depend on how Keyence numbers things, what registers you use, and so on and so forth. Take some comfort in knowing that what you are trying to do here is very, very common, and not difficult once you understand the basics involved.

Post more questions, with more specifics, and you'll get more specific answers.

Good Luck!

TM