Help Me In This Program This Is My Final Test

Ericsson

1. A proximity sensor detects that a truck wants to enter
2. Once detected the truck is required to activate a motor to open the gate
3. The gate should not be closed until the truck did not stop having contact with the proximity sensor
4. Once the truck had lost touch with the proximity sensor the gate wait 30 seconds and began to close
5. gate be closed when the engine must shut down
6. Exit 0 indicate that the gate is closed while the output 2 to indicate to us that he is open
7. Also the owners of the company want to know how many trucks came to the company in 8 hours
8. If each truck with 125 boxes of the product to be distributed How many boxes were received in 8 hours?

I NEED THE LADDER DIAGRAM OF THIS SITUATION

Last edited:
Ericsson said:
1. A proximity sensor detects that a truck wants to enter
2. Once detected the truck is required to activate a motor to open the gate
3. The gate should not be closed until the truck did not stop having contact with the proximity sensor
4. Once the truck had lost touch with the proximity sensor the gate wait 30 seconds and began to close
5. gate be closed when the engine must shut down
6. Exit 0 indicate that the gate is closed while the output 2 to indicate to us that he is open
7. Also the owners of the company want to know how many trucks came to the company in 8 hours
8. If each truck with 125 boxes of the product to be distributed How many boxes were received in 8 hours?

....Thats a start, keep going :)

Start making the logic, the way you think it should be, then someone will help

What type of PLC are you going to use?

Convert your natural language descriptions to ladder rungs using everything you learned about ladder logic which qualifies you to PASS YOUR REQUIRED TEST.

We will help students who display some level of effort, but we DON'T give away test answers here.

For me it is not that I am taking some moral high ground, it is out of respect for the trade.

PiEaCe!

Hello Ericson;
Just in case your teacher did not point to this ressource, here is a link to the SLC500 Instruction Set manual. Look for the CTU (Counter UP) instruction:
http://www.canadu.com/lp/pdf/1747-rm001c-en-p.pdf
With a bit of reading and a bit of work, you should be able to get through this.
When you have some code to show, let us know.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Since this is your FINAL EXAM!!! you should already know how to do this.

We WILL NOT do it for you.

We love to help. But you'll have to try first.

The hardest part of any automation project is the definition phase -- WHAT will it do? That can be an outline or a flow chart or a textual description or pseudocode or ....

THEN figure out what I/O you need and assign it.

THEN start translating all of that to ladder (or stl or ...)

THEN when you have problems, come back here and let us know what you already have. But DON'T ask us to do it for you... especially your FINAL

By the way... most of us here can write that code in about 5 minutes. It's not a difficult exam question.

Help Me In This Program This Is My Final Test
What on Earth could the first test have been?

1. Walk to the wall
2. Switch on the light switch
3. Walk back to the centre of the room
4. Check that the light is on
5. Walk to the wall
6. Switch off the light switch
7. Walk back to the centre of the room
8. Check that the light is off
9. Goto 1.

CONGRATULATIONS! - you have now passed the first part of Boolean logic.

Ken

Ken M wrote:
What on Earth could the first test have been?

1. Walk to the wall
2. Switch on the light switch
3. Walk back to the centre of the room
4. Check that the light is on
5. Walk to the wall
6. Switch off the light switch
7. Walk back to the centre of the room
8. Check that the light is off
9. Goto 1.

CONGRATULATIONS! - you have now passed the first part of Boolean logic.

Sure, it's always easy when it works! Now add the logic to throw a fault when the light doesn't come on, link the faults to the HMI, and restart the light from the same spot in the sequence after the fault's cleared... <heh!>

Seriously Ericsson, I hope that this question is one of twenty on your final, and that the rest of the class wasn't about PLCs and machine or process control, because if it was, and you can't at least give us an attempt at the ladder logic, you're not going to do very well trying to program any kind of a real system. Write something down, post it up, and ask about your solution.

Last edited: