Kepware

mrtweaver

I was wondering if any of you Kepware Gurus could assist in the following question. In the Kepserver program you have a pane on the left side of screen that displays configured channels/devices. What I am trying to figure out is how to change that display to show the proper numerical sequence. Currently it looks something like:

1, 2, 3, 31, 32, 33, 34, 4, 5, 52, 53, 54, 55, 6, 7, etc...

I would like to have it appear as a proper sequence:

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 31, 32, 33, 34, 52, 53, 54, etc..

SO is there a way to accomplish this?

Thanks and have a great day.

You have to give them alpha-numeric names that can be sequenced, i.e. D01, D02, D31, D43, etc. Then they will sort correctly.

as with a lot of programs, they list them as you have said i.e.

d01,d02 ... d022 the best way is to give them alpha only descriptions or limit the numerics to 0-9 i.e. digitalregs01-09

analogregs01-09 etc.

What usually 'solves' this problem is making sure each name has the same amount of digits. ie 001, 002, 025, 068, 100, 248, .... but then again when your software discards the extra 0's, then it's best to use the above mentioned solutions.....