Cable pin out needed

Its not that easy... you also need a converter, as the 503 is a 485 protocol and you have to convert to rs232

Does your 503 have a serial also? that would be the cheapest route, if not you will need a PIC

Yes, SLC has another port but it is occupied by radio modem and I can’t disconnect it.

DE485 port is connected to DTAM panel and it can be disconnected at anytime. What are the other solutions for connecting? I thought it’s just cable problem !?!

geniusintraining what is "PIC" ?

Last edited:
tgaljar said:
Yes, SLC has another port but it is occupied by radio modem and I can’t disconnect it.

DE485 port is connected to DTAM panel and it can be disconnected at anytime. What are the other solutions for connecting? I thought it’s just cable problem !?!

Mickey has pointed to the UIC

I sell the PIC's on my site

You can use either one, I don't know a lot about the UIC's as I don't make or sell them but read the PDF's they look very nice

Depending what operating system you are running on your PC is dependent on if mine will work, mrplc.com also sells a PIC that is better then mine.. but it cost more, someday (soon I hope) I will be selling them

EDIT: Allen Bradley 1747-PIC http://www.plctrainer.net/PLCProgrammingCables.htm