RSView and RSLogix5000

yesidh

Hi all,

I need to communicate a ControlLogix controller to a PanelView Plus CE, unfortunadly I don't have the hardware now, so I haven't be able to do a test on this.

My question is about accesing the program tags from RSView, or It can only see Controller tags??

Well, I thinking that the above it's not possible, so for you experts, can I read a UDT from RSView.

I appreciatte all your help on this topic.

Bye

YES, you can read both Controller Scope and Program Scope tags in RSView ME. You can read all subelements of User-Defined Data Type tags in RSView ME.

The Program Scope tags show up in the FactoryTalk tag browser as a sub-folder of their own, labeled "Program:MyProgramName".

Similarly, the UDT data type shows up as a folder in the tag browser, with each subelement showing in the Tag list on the right.

Be sure that you create a Shortcut in RSLinx Enterprise, even if it doesn't have a valid target, and associate an Offline File (*.ACD) with it. That will allow you to browse the tag database in the *.ACD file.