Ab Dtam Plus

kkaneko

Has anybody out there worked with DTAM PLUS.
It is connected with SLC5/03 thru DH485 to DTAM PLUS. What do I need to verify if it is communicating properly with DTAM PLUS.
The comm. cable is fine. The dip switches is set to: 1=open, 2=on,RS485, 3=Master Security enabled, 4=function key=open,
5=terminal mode=open, 6=commup/download=open.
Any buttons when pushed on the DTAM PLUS is not doing anything to the equipment.
Thanks,

Yes, I have worked with these units.
You should be able to browse your DH-485 network with RSlinx, and see the Dtams that are connected if they are communicating.
If you need more help, post again.
Get online with the processor, and find out if you are actually sending or receiving data as well.
Most of the apps that I have used are on RIO, which is a lot more difficult to use than DH-485. Should be straight forward.
Maybe the unit has failed.
They are getting about 20 years old now....

They are getting about 20 years old now....[/QUOTE]

Sorry I cant tell you how ours is set up at the moment butI know thier is only a minumum amount left at AB, the last one I had to replace came from a programmers basement.

Thank you SNK and tjoneill,

I will see if I can go online and see both the processor and the DTAM PLUS.
I read an article on AB site that you need a DOS pc to Download the program. Would windows' 98 work?

Thanks again

Win 98 worked for me when I used it last.
Actually, I think that I have used it under Win2K as well.
If it works under 2K, it would most likely work under XP.
(You just need to set some parameters under MS-DOS)
There are some good DOS emulators out there that you can use.
The only real obstacle with using newer than DOS is the communication port opening. Com Ports are not recognized in some of the newer OS's, you need to utilize COM1 as Serial for download.
Try it and see first.